Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Is Your Dog Homosexual? How to Stop Dog Humping

It's totally embarrassing. I'm in the park with my Jack Russell and he's humping another dog. I think to myself, "How do I stop my dog from humping others?" I watch other canine owners in the park get that same embarrassed look on their faces when their pup starts mounting others. They sheepishly apologize, yet have no clue as to how to stop dog humping. You can stop dog humping, but first, you'll need to understand why they mount each other. Then, I'll give you some tips on how to break this bad habit.

Fido is Not Homosexual

SPAYING

When I saw my Jack, hump another male pooch, I thought that meant he was "gay. Likewise, when I saw female mounting other female pooches, I thought that she was lesbian. Then I saw the oddest thing: my male was humping the face of another male! I thought I'd die of embarrassment. When I expressed my concern about my dog's sexual preference to another person who happened to be in attendance of this embarrassing scene, this person explained to me that my pooch was just doing what all dogs do - in other words, my Jack was not gay or even looking for sexual pleasure by humping. Then why was he doing it?

The Need to Dominate

Every pack has a pecking order. In order to establish dominance, canines will attempt to hump other canines. By humping or mounting alpha status is established. Sometimes secretions are left after humping. This secretion allows other dogs to know that this particular dog is submissive.

Should You Stop Dog Humping?

Since mounting is one of several ways in leadership is established in the pack, and since a pecking order is natural and necessary in a pack, why would you want to stop dog humping? I mean, isn't it necessary for the survival of the pack to know who is in charge and in what order? Yes, it's necessary for the survival of dogs to establish a pecking order. But when your pet tries to hump everyone (including you, your guests, and your neighbors) and everything (your furniture, your handbag, etc.) it's a sign of dominance/aggression and you must stop dog humping.

Neutering and Spaying is a Must

The first crucial step in curbing your pet's dominant/aggressive behavior is neutering and/or spaying. It's important to neuter/spay your pet for a few reasons. One reason is that neutered/spayed dogs display less aggression because their hormone levels have dropped significantly once they've been altered. Dogs calm down and are friendlier and less competitive with one another once they've been fixed. Another reason you should neuter your pet is to lessen the chance of unwanted puppies. Thousands of puppies are abandoned each year because of overpopulation.

Start Dog Training

Certain canines have a propensity for dominance. That means they will either try to hump other dogs, rough house with them, or bully in order to establish their position. After your dog has been neutered/spayed, you should start a rigorous dog training program. Your dog training program should consist of the basic commands like sit, stay, come. But you want to stop dog humping, so that behavior would go under dog training aggression.

Get Cheap Effective Dog Training

You don't have to hire a professional dog trainer. In fact, hiring one would be a waste of your hard-earned money. The most effective and cheap dog training method to stop dog humping and other forms of dog aggression is training guides online. Two of the best dog training guides online are Secrets of a Professional Dog Trainer and Secrets to Dog Training. You'll have to read my review of each before deciding if they're worth it. My research of these guides found that each guide takes you step by step through the process of dog training. Each guide tackles critical problems like how to:

Stop dog humping Stop aggression Stop pulling on lead Stop barking Stop biting Stop jumping

So the next time you find yourself asking, "How do I stop my dog from humping?" Pick up an excellent dog training guides, and you'll be able to stop dog humping in a very short time

Is Your Dog Homosexual? How to Stop Dog Humping

You don't have to hire a professional dog trainer to stop dog humping. The most effective and cheap dog training method I found to stop my dog from humping and other forms of dog aggression is dog training guides online. Two of the best dog training guides online are Secrets of a Professional Dog Trainer and Secrets to Dog Training.

SPAYING

No comments:

Post a Comment